Amazon Prime Day 2018 was a actually a day and a half this year. It started at midday on 16 July, and ended at midnight on 17 July. But just because the day is over, doesn't mean there aren't still deals to be had. Here, we share all of the best Prime deals and launches.
Prime Day bestsellers
Amazon has revealed the best selling Prime Day deals. They're no longer available at the lower prices now that the sales event is over, but you might want to see what customers were most interested in.
Bestsellers from Prime Day are likely to feature heavily in Black Friday sales so now is the time to start preparing.
- 40% off Echo Dot
- £15 off Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote
- 42% off TP-Link WiFi Smart Plug
- £110 off Hive Active Heating and Hot Water
- Half price PlayStation Plus 15 Month membership
- PS4 Pro Console, 1TB for under £300
- Xbox One S 1TB Console Sea of Thieves / Minecraft Bundle for under £200
- £90 off Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- 30% off Ring Video Doorbell 2
- £180 off Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- £261 off Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device
- 45% off Bosch Cordless Combi Drill
- 64% off Finish Dishwasher Tablets
- Andrex Supreme Quilts Toilet Roll - 54 rolls for under £20
- Microsoft Surface Pro
- Sennheiser HD 4.50 Special Edition headphones
- Crucial MX500 internal SSD
You can see the Tech Advisor team's pick of the top ten deals available to buy from Amazon today by scrolling through the list below.
Amazon Prime Day Launches
In addition to making Prime Day longer this year, Amazon introduced a new initiative called Prime Day Launches. These are brand new products and special-editions that are available exclusively to Prime members until mid August.
Amazon has revealed the TicWatch Pro smartwatch as a Prime Day Launches exclusive too, available to pre-order here.
Prime Day rivals from across the web
As Amazon Prime Day grows, the company's rivals have been joining in with the fun. We've outlined some of the best sales below.
- Argos: The Big Sale!
- Carphone Warehouse: Price Crash
- Currys/PC World: Flash Deals
- Debenhams: Flash Sale
- Dell: Black Friday in July
- GAME: Up to 50% off
- Ebuyer: Optimus Day
- John Lewis: Clearance
- Microsoft: Summer Sale
- Mobile Phones Direct: Flash Sale
- Very: 50% off sale
- Zavvi: Flash Deals
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is now over until 2019. It began at midday on 16 July, and continued until midnight on Tuesday 17 July. That made this the longest Amazon Prime 'Day' to date, spanning 36 hours.
It featured more than one million deals globally, and Amazon delivered 40% more Spotlight deals in the UK than in 2017.
It was week later than we had originally predicted, which we assume is to avoid a clash with the World Cup. Amazon Prime Day 2017 was on 11 July, and the years before it were within a day or two of that.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day 2018 was fourth annual Prime Day Amazon has hosted. The first was in the summer of 2015 when Amazon was celebrating its 20th birthday, but it was such a success that it has now become a yearly deals event.
How to get Amazon Prime
As mentioned, the catch to Prime Day is that you need to be an Amazon Prime customer in order to take advantage of the deals.
You can find out more about Amazon Prime and the huge number of features it offers for that £79/$119 per year fee in our complete guide to Amazon Prime.
Be sure to cancel your subscription before your free trial ends to avoid being charged, unless of course you find yourself enjoying it! Find out more about how to cancel your subscription properly here.
If you've previously had a free trial of Amazon Prime, you might be surprised to hear that you can do so again if it has been more than a year since your last trial.
Amazon Prime Day tips
Make sure your payment and shipping information is up to date now to be ready to make quick purchases on the day.
Consider turning on Amazon's 1-click purchase option.
Use the Watch this Deal button on upcoming deals you see on Amazon's website, to make sure you don't miss them.
Join the Waitlist for products that say 100% claimed, because people often change their minds and don't buy. You'll get a notification to alert you if more become available.
Choose No-Rush delivery to earn rewards.
More Amazon deals
1. Amazon Echo Dot
Now: £34.99 (£15 off)
2. Sony WH-H900 h.ear Wireless Headphones
Now: £189.99 (£60 off)
3. Amazon Fire HD 8 with Alexa 32GB
Now: £79.99 (£20 off)
Get the 32GB Fire HD 8 for less than the usual price of the 16GB version from Amazon.
4. Canon EOS M3 Compact System Camera
Now: £422.57 (£57.42 off)
5. Huawei Watch 2 Sport
Now: £189.99 (£90 off)
The Huawei Watch 2 Sport at this price is a great deal.
6. Oral-B Pro 3 3000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush
Now: £47.85 (£52.14 off)
7. Philips 43in Ultra HD Android Smart TV with Ambilight
Now: £479 (£121 off)
Get this Deal of the Day before it's gone.
8. Fitbit Charge 2
Now: £100.68 (£39 off)
The Charge 2 has £39 off on Amazon when you choose the Large size on the black or blue model. Find out more in about it in our Fitbit Charge 2 review.
9. Garmin Vivoactive 3 GPS
Now: £214.35 (£65 off)
10. Beats by Dre Solo 3 On-Ear Wireless Headphones
Now: £179.21 (£70.74 off)
11. Amazon Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and Alexa Voice Remote
Now: £54.99 (£15 off)